Currently seeking a Substitute Paraprofessional for a great opportunity in the New Castle County area. The ideal candidate will possess at least 6 months of classroom management experience
Responsibilities of the Substitute Paraprofessional
- Assist the Lead Teacher in providing instruction and supervision to maintain a well-organized classroom environment.
- Assist in devising and implementing special strategies for reinforcing skills based on the special needs and abilities of each child.
- Provide support to students attending inclusive regular education classes, assisting with modifications as directed by the teachers
- Supervise students in the cafeteria, schoolyard, specials, hallways, on field trips, and/or during before and after school programs as directed
- Attend to students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs; help with translation and hygienic needs when necessary
- Support students with special needs by following provisions specified in their IEPs/504 Plans
- Act as a teacher aide or teacher assistant and assist with administrative duties as directed such as recording grades, setting up equipment, preparing materials for instruction, etc.
- Provide classroom aide duties and promote a safe and orderly classroom environment; take all reasonable precautions to protect students, facilities, and materials
Requirements of the Substitute Paraprofessional
- High School Diploma
- At least 6 months of classroom management experience